Don't Forget to Like It, Tweet It & Share It! Thank You!

Monday, February 14, 2011

Georgia Mass Precint Meeting Today. I'm a delegate!

I’ve been active in the Tea Party since its inception in February 2009 but I decided it was time to take Cold Warrior’s advice and get involved in the process. So, I attended my very first Mass Precinct meeting today in Henry County, GA.

My county has become somewhat of a battleground county sandwiched between two of the bluest counties in the Atlanta Metro area; DeKalb and Clayton. We just lost one of our five county commissioner seats to a Democrat for the first time in the 20 years I’ve lived here. The threat of more statism this close to home is disconcerting to say the least.

To give you an idea of how many other first-timers like me came , it was announced that 144 people were in attendance today. Normally, there are 40-50. I must have a lot of neighbors who also read Cold Warrior and Ron Robinson’s diaries here at RedState!

After the invocation, pledge, and recognition of the elected officials in attendance, the county GOP leader explained the process and then we broke out into groups by precinct. There were nine people from my precinct and we had the most in the whole county.

I already knew my existing precinct committee-person who is one of my neighbors and she was hoping to continue in that role. Since I know her to be a fellow DeMint Disciple, I proudly supported her in doing so and she was voted in unanimously. Next we voted on vice chair, treasurer, and I was voted in by the others to be the precinct secretary. Lastly, we filled out the necessary paperwork to become delegates for the county and state conventions.

It was great to meet some of my neighbors who are getting involved and I’m really looking forward to helping get my precinct informed and organized. I know now that I can make a difference.


Read More... [Source: RedState.com Recommended Diaries]

No comments:

Popular Posts

Wikileaks vs, Openleaks - Battle of the Whistle Blowers

The "Rules of Engagement".

GOP