Don't Forget to Like It, Tweet It & Share It! Thank You!

Sunday, January 23, 2011

"Jets vs. Steelers 2011: AFC Championship Game Live Updates" and related posts

8:15 AM -- I'm a typical Washington immigrant: I love the city and the idea of its being the capital, but ask me, "Where's home?" and the reflexive answer is... elsewhere.

Counting my great-great-grandmother, who came over late and may not have known quite where she was, I'm in the fifth generation of my family to call Pittsburgh "home."

But, like many of my generation, I left in the Seventies. The steel industry was collapsing and, with it, the local economy, but that wasn't the real reason. It just seemed like whatever was "happening" was happening elsewhere.

But the city remains the heart -- the Jerusalem or Mecca -- of the Great Pittsburgh Diaspora. The Steelers, who became a force initially in the 70s, are our warrior-holy men. We make pilgrimages, literal or mental, for Steelers games.



Business Forum | Christian Forum | Coupon Forum | Discussion Forum | Gamers Forum
Legal Forum | Politics Forum | Sports Forum | Teen Forum | Webmaster Forum

Read More... [Source: Top Stories - Google Blog Search]

No comments:

Popular Posts

Wikileaks vs, Openleaks - Battle of the Whistle Blowers

The "Rules of Engagement".

GOP